Come join our Basic Obedience Class commencing 8th Nov 2020, Sunday at 10:30am.
To equip owners with the skills to train their dogs the basic commands using positive training methods.
What will be covered:
Bonus! Desensitisation training
$888 for 8 sessions
1 hour/session (including revision and discussion)
Diana started her career as a junior animal keeper at (WRS) Wildlife Reserves Singapore (formerly the Singapore Zoological Gardens), Zoology Department in 2002, working with several species of Asian mammals and birds. She then moved to the big cat section as the first female keeper, where she sank her teeth into planning and implementing environmental enrichment (EE) and positive reinforcement training (PRT) programmes with large felids on top of her husbandry duties. She then quickly became a key member and rose through the ranks as a curatorial staff.
©Wildlife Reserves Singapore
Equipped with WSQ Certificate in Animal Training for the Zoo Professional, Certificate in Animal Management along with her other qualifications, Diana is one of the facilitators for the Keeper Training Course for WRS and regularly give talks and conduct workshops. With her experience in the management of wildlife in the zoological field, Diana together with her partners co-founded their own Zoo Consultancy, ZooLogic Training & Consultancy in 2015.
When she is not travelling for consultancy work or training animal care staff, Diana works with dogs and trains staff and pet owners on PRT. Passionate about animal welfare, she hopes to spread the word and share her experiences on PRT (force-free) animal/dog management. An outdoorsy person, Diana enjoys nature and its inhabitants, hikes, mountain climbing, and working out. She also does her best to actively contribute to the environment, conservation efforts and the less fortunate.
©Wildlife Reserves Singapore
- 2015: Co-authored an article titled “Environmental Complexity and Feeding Enrichment Can Mitigate Effects of Space Constraints in Captive Callitrichids”, Laboratory Animals, May 2015
- 2013: “Effects of Three Food Enrichment Methods on Stereotypy and Investigative Behaviour of a Malayan Sun Bear (Helarctos malayanus) at the Singapore Zoo”, by Diana Marlena et al, International Zoo News (IZN), Vol. 60, no. 4, 2013
- 2012: Co-authored an article titled “Effects of Single-Use and Group-Use Enrichment on Stereotypy and Intragroup Aggressive and Affiliative Behaviors of a Social Group of Squirrel Monkeys (Saimiri sciureus) at the Singapore Zoo”, Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science (JAWS)
- 2008: “Enrichment Contest at the Singapore Zoological Gardens”, The Shape of Enrichment Quarterly Publication, Vol. 17, no. 1 & 2, Feb/May 2008
- 2007: “Moving the Giants! Operant Conditioning of Aldabra Tortoises Geochelone gigantea to Facilitate Transfer to a New Exhibit” by Diana Marlena & Saskia Lafebre, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Environmental Enrichment 2007 in Vienna, Austria.